This website is run by Chesham Bois Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:-
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts to suit your needs but you may need to use a plug in.
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen.
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard.
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software.
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader.
- change the device orientation from horizontal to vertical without making it more difficult to view the content.
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible. We have an action plan and are working to put this right.
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text.
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software.
- some links do not describe the landing page they are taking you to.
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard.
- some images do not have a text alternative.
We are in the process of making the website text as simple as possible to understand and we are working towards screen reader navigation. Any links to external websites will open in another window.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website.
If you need information on this website in a different format, please contact us and we will discuss your needs.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Call: 01494 432585
Visit: Parish Office, Glebe Way, Chesham Bois, Buckinghamshire HP6 5ND.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website.
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems or think that we are not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact the Clerk:
Email: email@example.com. Call: 01494 432585.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility.
Chesham Bois Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No.2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is currently partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Some pages may contain attachments which are not currently compliant, such as:
Older PDF files such as meeting minutes, agendas and additional papers published before 23 September 2018 or content produced by third parties or using third party software.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations.
We will do all we can to identify content that is non-compliant.
- Some images do not have a text alternative so people using a screen reading cannot access the information. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content). We plan to add text alternatives for all images by 23 September 2020. When we publish new content we will make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
- There may be pages with read more/click here links. See WCAG 2.4 Success Criterion 4.4 (Link Purpose (In Context)). By September 2020 we plan to amend all these links so that they describe their landing pages.
- There may be some pages where there are stray end tags. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.1 (Parsing). We will work towards identifying and rectifying these.
- Many of our older PDFs and Word documents do not meet accessibility standards –they may not be structured so they are accessible to a screen reader. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role value).
Documents that are supplied to us by other organisations will not be edited to make them accessible.
Content that is not within the scope of the accessibility regulations.
Many of our older PDFs, Word and Excel documents do not meet accessibility standards – for example they may not be structured so they are accessible to a screen reader. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role value)
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they are not essential to providing our services. For example, we do not plan to fix meeting agendas or minutes for meetings which were published prior to 23 September 2018.
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. For example, we have PDFs with information on how users can access our services and forms published as word documents. By September 2020, where possible, we plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages.
Any new PDFs and documents created by us will meet accessibility standards.
How we tested this website.
We tested the website http://www.cheshamboispc.org.uk/ during June 2020. The test was carried out by the Clerk and our website provider: Dovedale Design.
Clerk: Mrs Samantha Payne
Post: Chesham Bois Parish Council, Council Office, The Parish Centre, Glebe Way, Chesham Bois HP6 5ND.
In Person: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 09:00 – 14:00 at the above address.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Call: 01494 432585
This statement was prepared in June 2020. We will keep this accessibility statement under review and will amend it when necessary. Last Updated 24 July 2020.