Other Agencies – Who Does What
Chesham Bois Parish Council (CBPC) serves the residents of the Parish. Like other Parish Councils (or Town Councils if they serve an urban area) it is a statutory body, representing the lowest tier of Local Government, sitting below but independent of District and County Councils.
This brief explanation of who does what will help explain who does what, and how you can access services outside our responsibility:
CHESHAM BOIS PARISH COUNCIL
- Ownership and management of lands including Chesham Bois Common and Tenterden Spinney.
- Managing and maintaining the burial grounds within Chesham Bois.
- Maintenance of highway verges on behalf of Bucks County Council.
- Ownership and maintenance of streetlighting on minor roads.
- Reviewing and commenting on planning applications.
CHILTERN DISTRICT COUNCIL
- Collection of Council tax and rates
- Environmental Health
- Local Plans
- Planning Applications
- Public Conveniences
- Car Parks
- Waste Collection, Recycling