Your Parish Council
Chesham Bois Parish Council (CBPC) is a statutory body, set up to serve the residents of the Parish. Like other Parish Councils (or Town Councils if they serve an urban area) it is the lowest tier of Local Government, sitting below, but independent of, District and County Councils. The ‘Parish’ in the title refers to the civil parish; we have no formal links to the Church.
Services provided by the Parish Council
- Ownership and management of Chesham Bois Common, Chesham Bois Burial Grounds, Tenterden Spinney, a small woodland opposite the burial grounds and a piece of land in The Grove.
- Managing and maintaining the three burial grounds within Chesham Bois.
- Maintenance of highway verges around the Parish on behalf of Bucks County Council.
- Ownership and maintenance of streetlighting on minor roads.
- Reviewing and commenting on planning applications within the Parish.
Regulations governing the Parish Council
The conduct of the Parish Council’s Business is governed by our Standing Orders. Download a copy of our Standing Orders.
These cover the conduct, timings and documentation of meetings; the engagement and employment of the Parish Clerk; and the financial management of the Parish Council (also covered by our Financial Regulations
Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information Act give you the right to ask any public sector organisation for all the recorded information they have on any subject. Anyone can make a request for information – there are no restrictions on your age, nationality or where you live. You can contact the Parish Council directly by letter or email to make the freedom of information (FOI) request. When making your request, you should include:
- Your name
- An address where you can be contacted
- A detailed description of the recorded information you want
Most requests are free but you may be asked to pay a small amount for photocopies or postage if paper copies are requested. You should receive information within 20 working days. If the Council needs more time, you will be contacted and advised when you can expect the information. Please click on the link below for further information.