Friday, April 26th, 2019
Wednesday, March 20th, 2019
Buckinghamshire County Council’s Cabinet agreed a series of changes to the county’s Household Recycling Centre service in January 2019.
Key changes which start on 1 April 2019, are:
- all sites will introduce charges for non-household waste
- Aylesbury (Rabans Lane), Burnham, and Chesham household recycling centres will close 2 days a week on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Bledlow Household Recycling Centre will permanently close.
Click here for useful information, links and guidance on the upcoming changes.
Friday, March 8th, 2019
The first of April will see the first major change to Buckinghamshire’s household recycling centres for a generation.
The County Council’s Cabinet made the decision in January to bring in the following changes to safeguard the future of the service against a backdrop of continually reduced funding and the need to protect other critical council services:
- The sites at Aylesbury (Rabans Lane), Burnham and Chesham will close two days a week on Wednesdays and Thursdays (generally the less-busy days).
- The site at Bledlow will close at the end of March, with the nearest alternative sites at Aston Clinton or High Heavens in Wycombe.
- All sites will introduce charges for non-household waste items such as bags of rubble, kitchen units, fence panels etc. This brings us into line with many other authorities who charge for items that legally don’t have to be taken for free. Domestic and green waste won’t be charged for.
Details can be found online at www.buckscc.gov.uk/HRC
Friday, March 8th, 2019
All Together Community are starting a new project in Chesham Bois. They will be holding a free lunch club, once a month on a Friday between 12 noon and 1.30pm in Chesham Bois Scout Hall.
Older people (65 plus) are invited to come along enjoy lunch and then participate in activities with children from Chesham Bois School.
Contact Louise on 07956 190291 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know if you wish to attend or know someone that may wish to attend.
Tuesday, February 19th, 2019
Join us at the War Memorial at 10am on Saturday 23rd March to take part in the Great British Spring Clean
Thursday, February 14th, 2019
Thames Valley Police, Chiltern and South Bucks District Councils’ Community Safety Team and Trading Standards are inviting members of the public to the launch of Operation Gauntlet, the Chiltern and South Bucks Scam Awareness and Prevention campaign.
The launch will take place at Chiltern District Council Offices in Amersham on Tuesday 5th March. There will be two sessions one at 4pm-5.30pm and the other at 7pm-8.30pm.
There is no need to book, just come along to either session to find out about current scams and how to protect yourself and others from becoming a victim. The sessions will also include a presentation by Chief Inspector Tim Hurley (Deputy LPA Commander) and there will be an opportunity at the end of each session for questions and answers.
For more information click here